This program is designed for climbers of 18 years or over who have on average a 2-4 hour training window and can train around 3 -4 times a week.
In this programs we’ll focus on specific climbing power endurance and endurance but integrate that with climbing strength training, conditioning, mobility and flexibility. It’ll take you through a progressive and cycled training program to enable you to peak at 6 weeks.
This is a total climbing training program so will require you to only train with the program and not do any climbing exercises that are not part of the program. To maximise the training it’s always important to closely follow the program respecting the training session and rest periods.
- 18 years or older
- have no medical condition that could effect your safety or health when doing exercise.
- have no current injuries that would be affected by exercise or climbing.
- Minimum 2 years of climbing experience.
- Route climbing standard outside or in the gym of around 5.10+/F6b
You should consult with your physician or other health care professional before starting this or any other Training program to determine if it is right for your needs. Do not start the Training Program if your physician or health care provider advises against it.
Participation in the Training Program may result in injury or aggravation of previous injuries, conditions, symptoms, or congenital defects. Do not engage in the Training Program if you have a medical condition that may not be compatible with the Program.
The use of any information provided on this site is solely at your own risk. If you engage in the Training Program, you agree that you do so at your own risk and fully assume all risk of injury to yourself. You also agree to waive all claims and release Core Climber Inc. and its employees and representatives from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury, including death, that you may suffer as a result of participating in the Training Program.
To do the training you will need to make sure you have access to basic gym equipment, a climbing wall and specific climbing training equipment, all of which should be available at a commercial gym. – see the description below for a full list.
- Yoga mat
- Resistance bands
- shoulder height fixing point
- floor fixing point
- Flat weight or equivalent
- Bouldering Wall
- Medicine ball or equivalent
- Kettle bell or equivalent
- Finger Board
- Variety of slopers for hanging
- Variety of pinch blocks for hanging
- Campus Board
- Bench or or equivalent
- Dumb bell or equivalent
- Elastic Band for finger extensor
After you’ve purchased the program you’ll be able to login into your profile and view the program summary with an overview of each day. You activate your program on the day you want to start training so it’s worth looking at the summary and seeing how it will fit into your schedule.
There are of course times though when you can’t train on the day you’re meant to, so we’ve given you the option to choose either the day before (if you missed it) or the following day from the current day. You can only do this if the current day is a rest, if it isn’t then do the program for that day (even if the other days look more fun!). Also they’ll be times when you don’t have time to do the whole session so we’ll advise the exercises to prioritize for any session over 2 and a half hours although you will not get the same improvement if you regularly shorten your sessions.
When you’ve finished your session click the completed button so you know you’ve finished the session.
As with all programs, we recommend time off from training after you have completed the full program. In this case at least 3 weeks off and just climbing. This is the period where you go out and enjoy your new strength and send your projects! If you climb without training you should keep in shape for about 6-9 weeks. At the very least you need to maintain what you have done which would require at least 2 – 1 hour sessions per week. At least one of these being strength based and the other either strength or endurance. Both in the form of just going climbing, trying hard and and having fun!
- This program is designed for climbers of 18 years or older.
- Don’t Start any program if you have an injury.
- Always make sure you are properly warmed up before starting your session. Warm ups will be giving at the beginning of each days session and please follow them but if you still don’t feel warmed up then repeat the warm up or do some other warm ups you like until you feel ready.
- If you feel any pain during any exercise either lower the intensity or stop that exercise.
- Follow each days program in full to get the maximum benefit and remember
- Don’t exceed the number of sets or repetitions in program.
- Don’t repeat any parts of the training session (other than the warm up).