Although the amount of experience or climbing level necessary will vary from program to program the current age requirement for all our programs is 18 years or older.
Do not do any of our training programs if you are injured and seek professional advice.
If at anytime during the program you feel pain, stop and seek professional advice.
If you have any medical conditions that may affect your safety or health when doing exercise please seek professional advice before participating in any training program.
If climbing with ropes at a climbing gym, please make sure you have the necessary experience, the correct climbing equipment as specified by the gym, and if required the necessary certificate issued by the climbing gym for participating in roped climbing.
If bouldering at a climbing gym or home climbing wall.
- Always, only climb as high as you are totally happy jumping down from safely.
- Make sure you chose climbs that do not involve moves that put your feet level or above your head. You want to make sure you fall feet first.
- Do not choose problems with holds that can be traumatic to the fingers, only choose holds that are comfortable to use, avoid sharp holds or pocket holds that you can only use with 2 or even 1 finger.
If using a home made climbing wall.
- Make sure it is structurally sound and secure. We recommend getting someone professionally qualified to oversee construction of a home climbing wall.
- Make sure the holds are securely fastened to the climbing wall.
- Make sure you use professionally made matting specific for climbing bouldering walls covering the whole fall zone.
- Avoid using full crimp position on holds, try to use half crimp to open fingers.
- Try to make sure the holds are clean, and if they need cleaning brush them before your attempt.
- Respect all the resting periods in the programs
- Always listen to your body, we want you to stay healthy. If you feel overly tired think about finishing the session early.
- Always make sure you are properly warmed up before starting your session. Warm ups will be given at the beginning of each day’s session and please follow them, but if you still don’t feel warmed up then repeat the warm up or do some other warm ups you like until you feel ready.
- If you feel pain during any exercise then stop and seek medical opinion before continuing.
- Don’t exceed the number of sets or repetitions in program.
- Don’t repeat any parts of the training session (other than the warm up).