As with all our programs, we aim to deliver well structured and balanced training to maximize your gains. This type of training is especially very specific and intense on the fingers and it can’t be stressed enough that the benefits of this type of training come as much from the resting as from the training itself. So always respect the duration of hangs, the number of sets and rest periods detailed, even if you feel you want to train more. The skill for this training is to do short but intense sessions.
- 18 years or older
- have no medical condition that could effect your safety or health when doing exercise.
- have no current injuries that would be affected by exercise or climbing.
- minimum 2 years of climbing experience.
- the strength level to hang two handed on an edge of 3cm depth for at least 10/12 seconds, similarly on a small sloper and pinch.
You should consult with your physician or other health care professional before starting this or any other Training program to determine if it is right for your needs. Do not start the Training Program if your physician or health care provider advises against it.
Participation in the Training Program may result in injury or aggravation of previous injuries, conditions, symptoms, or congenital defects. Do not engage in the Training Program if you have a medical condition that may not be compatible with the Program.
The use of any information provided on this site is solely at your own risk. If you engage in the Training Program, you agree that you do so at your own risk and fully assume all risk of injury to yourself. You also agree to waive all claims and release Core Climber Inc. and its employees and representatives from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury, including death, that you may suffer as a result of participating in the Training Program.
This starter campus program includes specific campus board exercises plus supporting strength and conditioning. All campus exercises for this program will be with feet on but even so you should have the following strength requirements
The program revolves around 3 phases over a 9 week period. Each phase is different and designed to be done together to maximize your gains by the end of the 9 week period.
The first week of the program is for adaptation, to get the body to the training, understand the equipment you’ll be using and also, if you haven’t done a core climber training program before, familiarize yourself with the online training platform.
The program will include 3 days for each week; for example: Monday / Wednesday / Friday or Tuesday / Thursday / Saturday or Wednesday / Friday / Sunday. You do have the option to move a training day into a rest day if that works better for your climbing schedule that week.
This is an inclusive program so you can climb as well as doing the program. You should not however do any additional campus training.
To do the training you will need to make sure you have access to a campus board and some basic gym equipment, all of which should be available at a commercial gym.
See the description below for a full equipment list.
- Campus Board
- Pull up bar
- Yoga mat
- Resistance bands
- Flat weight or equivalent
- Dumb bell or equivalent
- Adjustable Gymnastic rings
- Bench or or equivalent
- Dumb bell or equivalent
- Dip bars or equivalent
After you’ve purchased the program you’ll be able to login into your profile and view the program summary with an overview of each day. You activate your program on the day you want to start training so it’s worth looking at the summary and seeing how it will fit into your schedule.
There are of course times though when you can’t train on the day you’re meant to. If you mess a day or know you can’t make the following day but have time on a rest day you can move the day you missed or the next into that day. You can also pause the program if you are unable to training for a short period. If you have to stop for more than 2 weeks, we suggest you reset you day back to the start and begin the training again.
When you’ve finished your session click the completed button so you know you’ve finished the session.
As with all programs, we recommend time off from training after you have completed the full program. In this case at least 2 weeks off and just climbing, after which if you are keen to continue with your campus training you can repeat this program if you feel you want to consolidate what you’ve done or progress to the next in the series.
- This program is designed for climbers of 18 years or older.
- Don’t Start any program if you have an injury.
- Do not do any programs if you have any medical conditions.
- Always make sure you are properly warmed up before starting your session. Warm ups will be giving at the beginning of each days session and please follow them but if you still don’t feel warmed up then repeat the warm up or do some other warm ups you like until you feel ready.
- If you feel pain during any exercise then stop and seek medical opinion before continuing.
- Follow each days program in full to get the maximum benefit and remember
- Don’t exceed the number of sets or repetitions in program.
- Don’t repeat any parts of the training session (other than the warm up).